Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Results for Kanken 7

Hello! This is Keith. I have received the results of my attempt at the Kanji Kentei Level 7. This test is the level that an elementary student should be at by the time they complete the 4th grade. They should be able to read and write 640 characters, including knowing a lot of vocabulary and being able to get the おくりがな correct.

Let me say that for level 8, you need to get 80% to pass but for level 7, you need only 70% to pass. The average score for level 7 is 84.3%. Level 7 is greater than Level 8, by the way.

As expected, I scored 95%. I got every question correct on reading (読み). You have to actually write the readings. And I got every question correct where you have to write the correct Kanji character.

Again, the hardest part of these Kanji tests is not the reading or writing, but the vocabulary. There are a lot of words that can be made from all these different characters.

My score was 190 points out of 200 possible points. I missed 5 questions.

1 comment:

  1. why there isnt new post?
    how are you studying now¿
    i'm from argentina, i started to study 120 kanji each month, now im nearly 1400 and didn't give a n5 :p
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete