Saturday, July 18, 2009

Keith's day 3 Kanji

Today I got started a little later than usual but still had plenty of time. I think it takes about 3 or 4 times through to get them all learned once. After that, it's just review to see which ones are weakest. I like it when some of the characters I am studying look similar because then I will take a closer look at them to see the difference and try to remember that. Otherwise I don't notice the details as much and tend to just recognize the shape.

I realized today that when I make my second pass through, I'm still going to need new quiz files for the new words I study. So today I created the new file for the first group. I'd like to have the files all finished when I start the second round. Who knows, I might be busy then and so it will really help.

I'm using the book Kanji in Context which has about 9,000 words for the 1947 Kanji. If you were to study just 25 words a day, you would have studied all of the 9,000 words in the book in one year. If you studied 100 a day, it would only take 90 days to go through the book once.

Here are the Kanji I studied today:

          
江          
          
          


This time it took only 50 minutes to enter the data for the 44 characters.

3 comments:

  1. How do you so many kanji in a single day ?
    I use Anki (and Supermemo before) and I always thought that you can't learn more than 20 new word/kanji... a day.

    With the previous day kanji ... you daily repetition in Anki must be high ?

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use Anki or any SRS program. I think because I have already learned 1200 Kanji and I now have years of experience looking at them, I can recognize the characters faster than someone who is just starting out. That is why I can do so many characters per day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting to use ANKI, making flash cards for the characters I study. Could someone tell me how to adjust the repitition frequency and how to reset it?

    ReplyDelete