Friday, July 10, 2009

Welcome Challengers


Konnichiwa and peace,

I'm Ahmad, are you frustrated with learning Kanji, is it your first time to try to learn it, have you tried to memorize them before without avail, did you get bored and dropped it all together?

Whatever your situation is, we invite you to the challenge of "Who will be able to learn the most kanjis in a period of 6 weeks" our deadline is the end of August.

The rule of this challenge is there are no rules, you are challenging yourself first, so set up your own rules, method and priorities, and write a post here to apply and inform us of your strategy once you take the decision to join us.

As for me, I will try to follow the book Kanji ABC by Andreas Foerster and Naoko Tamura as it dissects each kanji into its basic components, and group them in a nice sequence. I will also try to focus on one meaning one reading for each of the 2009 characters I want to learn. As when I learn more than one meaning or reading for a character I get confused and forget it easily. So basically it will be like a crash course, just to get familiar with the meanings of the 2009 characters as well as one reading, and later on when I start mining for sentence patters I will surely learn the other readings as I find more compounds using the same character, but it will be in context, and thus I can build on the foundaition I have built that way.

Good luck and contact us if you are willing to join us in the challenge, 2009 characters/6 weeks, not for the weak hearted!

5 comments:

  1. Hi and welcome!, please tell us your study plan in brief, you can write here in the comments area, or send me your email address so that I could send you an invitation to be able to post on the main page, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, I have sent an e-mail to the above address.

    Kind regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sign me up. I´m right on my way to Spanish class, so details will come later.
    -Bao

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Bao. just send us your email address to be added.

    ReplyDelete